I recently read Henry B. Eyrings talk "How to See and Remember God's Kindness" I feel as though I have been asleep spiritually lately & needed to experience a personal awaking... I had this very visual image of sleeping soundly and having a pail of ice cold water thrown on me (It woke me quickly, but I wasn't happy) vs. the other visual of waking naturally after a good nights sleep to the sun peeking through my window(Much more peaceful and pleasant experience). I feel like I sometimes expect my Heavenly Father to be holding that "Pail of Water." Even though that thought brings a smile to my face, I prefer the light that comes through my window to be coming from him waiting for me to finally wake up & to see that everything in life is good and he is waiting to teach me line upon line.
Every once and a while I feel as though the "Pail" is needed in order for me to wake up. I'm not sure if the Pail of water represents anything specific other then what's specific to every individual. Maybe your pail is a huge trial that opens your eyes wide enough to draw closer to your Father in Heaven. Maybe, your pail is a bad relationship, a health issue, losing a loved one, self-confidence issues. Whatever our "Pail" remember it is there to help us See and Remember God's Kindness!
This talk allowed me to recognize all of the good things that God does for me on a daily basis. I'm not the best journal keeper...(Does this blog count?) but I have decided to make an effort in being more conscious to all the blessings he does bestow, which are many. I believe it's easy to get mad or unhappy when we have a trial(or pail of ice cold water thrown in our face), but to keep the perspective that God wants us to be happy changes everything. Take a moment and think of what your reaction would be to being waken up with a pail of water and the difference between if it was your Father in Heaven vs. someone else that was doing the waking up.
I feel like my thoughts don't flow as clearly when I have something that was extremely powerful for me, but here it is documented...Happy Day!
Every once and a while I feel as though the "Pail" is needed in order for me to wake up. I'm not sure if the Pail of water represents anything specific other then what's specific to every individual. Maybe your pail is a huge trial that opens your eyes wide enough to draw closer to your Father in Heaven. Maybe, your pail is a bad relationship, a health issue, losing a loved one, self-confidence issues. Whatever our "Pail" remember it is there to help us See and Remember God's Kindness!
This talk allowed me to recognize all of the good things that God does for me on a daily basis. I'm not the best journal keeper...(Does this blog count?) but I have decided to make an effort in being more conscious to all the blessings he does bestow, which are many. I believe it's easy to get mad or unhappy when we have a trial(or pail of ice cold water thrown in our face), but to keep the perspective that God wants us to be happy changes everything. Take a moment and think of what your reaction would be to being waken up with a pail of water and the difference between if it was your Father in Heaven vs. someone else that was doing the waking up.
I feel like my thoughts don't flow as clearly when I have something that was extremely powerful for me, but here it is documented...Happy Day!
Amen Sister. I love the way you world things. Thanks for the wake up call.
ReplyDeleteYou're insights always seem to speak to me. Thanks for sharing. Blogs do count as journals :)
ReplyDelete